Heart failure and Heart surgery
Heart surgery can correct problems with the heart if other treatments haven't worked or can't be used.
Heart failure occurs when your heart muscle doesn't pump blood as well as it should. Certain conditions, such as narrowed arteries in your heart or high blood pressure, gradually leave your heart too weak or stiff to fill and pump efficiently.
Heart failure can be ongoing (chronic), or your condition may start suddenly (acute).
Heart failure signs and symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue and weakness
- Swelling in your legs, ankles, and feet
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Reduced ability to exercise
- A persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged phlegm
- Increased need to urinate at night
- Swelling of abdomen
- Rapid weight gain from fluid retention
- Lack of appetite and nausea
- Difficulty concentrating or decreased alertness
- Sudden, severe shortness of breath and coughing up pink, foamy mucus
- Chest pain if your heart failure is caused by a heart attack
NIH: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
Heart surgery is performed to:
- Repair or replace heart valves, which control blood flow through the heart
- Repair abnormal or damaged structures in the heart
- Implant medical devices that help control the heartbeat or support heart function and blood flow
- Replace a damaged heart with a healthy heart from a donor
- Treat heart failure and coronary heart disease
- Control abnormal heart rhythms
Heart surgery has risks, even though its results often are excellent. Risks include bleeding, infection, irregular heartbeats, and stroke. The risk is higher if you are older or a woman. The risk is also higher if you have other diseases or conditions, such as diabetes, kidney disease, lung disease, or peripheral arterial disease.
The most common type of heart surgery for adults is coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG). During CABG, a healthy artery or vein from the body is connected, or grafted, to a blocked coronary (heart) artery.
بیمارستان امام رضا بجنورد
بیمارستان بهارستان (خانواده) اصفهان
بیمارستان شهید مدنی تبریز
بیمارستان محمد رسول الله مبارکه اصفهان
بیمارستان امام خمینی اهواز
بیمارستان آریا اهواز
Check your email. We will respond to your request within the next 24 hours.
Please check your Spam mailbox, some emails are sent to Spam.
If you prefer we use social media to contact you instead of email, please include your contact information.