What is Urology? and what is Nephrology?
Nephrology is a part of health care that deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, ureter, bladder, and urethra).
Urology is known as a surgical specialty.
The following diseases can be treated by Urologists and Nephrologists:
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Urinary frequency
- Neurogenic bladder
- Dysuria - burning sensation during urination (Disorders)
- Obstructive symptoms
- Leaking bladder
- Protruding symptoms
- Urinary incontinence
- Reduced libido (irregular orgasm)
- Disorders in ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction
- Early ejaculation
- Blood in the sperm (Hematospermia)
The most common treatments done by Urologists are:
- Marsupialization of a cyst through laparoscopy
- Nephrectomy with lumpectomy
- Kidney tumor removal (NSS surgery)
- Removing the kidney
- Kidney stones removal & Tul (removing the stone through the duct)
- Kidney transplant
- Resection of the prostate through the duct
- APR-sling (correction of bladder and uterus dislocation)
- Pcnl (removal of kidney stones through the skin)
- Re-implant (ureter or bladder repair)
- Varicocele (treatment of infertility due to vascular abnormalities)
- Prostatectomy (removal of the prostate through a surgical incision)
- Cystoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic to see the bladder with the device)
- Ureteroscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic to see the ureter with the device)
- Hydrocele (Treatment of accumulation of water around the testicles by surgery)
- Orchidopexy (UDT or fixing testicles not descending).
- Hernia surgery
- Ureterostomy (duct stenosis restoration)
- Radical cystectomy (bladder removal)
- Orchidectomy (testicles removal)
- Prostatic or testicular biopsy (prostate biopsy to detect all types of benign or lumpy masses)
Check your email. We will respond to your request within the next 24 hours.
Please check your Spam mailbox, some emails are sent to Spam.
If you prefer we use social media to contact you instead of email, please include your contact information.